- Faster caching for Neo lazy loading.
- Faster correlogram calculation.
- Correlogram plot supports new square plot matrix mode and count per second in addition to per segment.
- New options in spike waveform plot.
- DataProvider objects support transparent lazy loading for compatible IOs (currently only Hdf5IO).
- DataProvider can be forced to use a certain IO instead of automatically determining it by file extension.
- Load parameters for IOs can be specified in DataProvider.
- IO class, IO parameters and IO plugins are saved in selections and properly used in startplugin.py
- Qt implementation of ProgressBar available in plot.helper (moved from Spyke Viewer).
- Loading support for IO plugins (moved from Spyke Viewer).
- Added implementations for various spike train metrics.
- Added generation functions for poisson spike trains
- Added tools module with various utility functions, e.g. binning spike trains or removing objects from Neo hierarchies.
- Added explained variance function to spike sorting quality assessment.
- Improved legends for plots involving colored lines.
- Plots now have a minimum size and scroll bars appear if the plots would become too small.
- Renamed plot.ISI to plot.isi for consistency
- Added “Home” and “Pan” tools for plots (useful when no middle mouse button is available).
- Changed default grid in plots to show only major grid.
- Added a method to DataProvider for refreshing views after object hierarchy changed.
- New parameter for DataProvider AnalogSignal methods: AnalogSignalArrays can be automatically converted and returned.
- Significantly improved speed of spike density estimation and optimal kernel size calculation.
- Spike sorting quality assessment using gaussian clusters is now possible without prewhitening spikes or providing prewhitened means.
- Renamed “spyke-plugin” script to “spykeplugin”
Initial documented public release.